Reading 03

 Reading 03

 Järvinen, Aki. "Gran Stylissimo: The Audiovisual Elements and Styles in Computer and Video Games." Jan. 2002

Järvinen goes on to say elements that make up the audiovisual appearance of an individual game are defined: dimensionality, point of perception, visual outlook and soundscape. To first explore these definitions Järvinen explains that audiovisuals (AV) of various games are categorized into three styles: photorealism, caricaturism, and abstractionism. Järvinen then explains the fundamentals of style by referencing Alois Riegl who used and theorized in art history to understand the most effective and techniques in Art, Architecture and sculpture. Dimension, Point of Perspective, Visual Outlook Audiovisual Motifs and Soundscape are targeted by Järvinen as he expands on the various techniques used in each while focusing on how those techniques can be adjusted slightly to make unique audiovisuals.

After reading one academic paper on my topic I've come to realise how difficult it is to accurately find papers relevant to my research.  I thought at first Audiovisual Elements Within Video Games would be a wide topic but it seems AV Articles and Papers seem to refer to AV in a whole expanse of mediums. Any papers I do find seem to want a sum of money to download the PDF. For now I think I will keep looking for better sources and work on my academic reflective writing and citation for the Annotated Bibliography as I'm not the best right now. I also need to use Adobe Acrobat because my usual pen and paper note taking is too tedious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future somebody

Vision Statement

RollaMole Prototype 1: