Unity Tutorial 10

 Unity Tutorial 10

-Game manager script


For this weeks Unity tutorial I had to make a game that incorporates a fully functional user interface or UI. All the games I've made up until this point didn't have a basic UI to start and restart the game, let alone track the players progression. This tutorial was one I've actually been looking forward to for a little bit because I was unsure how they were made and I was very interested in seeing the behind the scenes of making one.

Since the game I'm trying to make involves a point system to achieve a highscore I found tutorial 5.2 to be of great help. I learned how to use text mesh and how to align things and personalize them on the canvas. I also found the new input of clicking with the mouse useful because all tutorials up until now had only worked from key commands.

Lastly in tutorial 5.3 to wrap up a game and make it playable for somebody who would like to play it I learned how to include a game over and restart button so when the player misses a block then the game stops and they cannot continue racking up points towards their highscore. I learned more about libraries and how to load and reload my games and the menu UI library to use the menus when the player fails. I'm definitely going to return to use this tutorial when I come to make my own main menu and game over restart screens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future somebody

Vision Statement

RollaMole Prototype 1: