Introduction to a future somebody

Introduction Post 


Hey, how are you? My name is Adam and welcome to my blog. This post will be focused around introducing myself so you get to know a little bit more about me!

Me and some of my friends, sometime last year

Early Life

First off, my name is Adam Patrick Anthony Finn. I was born in the Coombe on March 5th, 2000. My Dad tried to name me Patrick after himself and my Grandad which would have made me Patrick Finn III but my Mam disagreed and I'm kind of grateful for that. Anyway, I grew up around a lot of family as we didn't have a lot back then. I would spend time at my Nana's while my parents worked and made enough money to move into our own house in Ardmore, Tallaght. (if you don't know where that is, it's right next to the lidls that got torn down during the Snowstorm in March 2018) After a while, my sister was born and we decided to move house on St. Patrick's Day 2006 and are now living in Lucan. 

Hobbies & Music Taste

Skipping ahead, I went to Lucan Community College and graduated in 2018. In that time I found a passion for playing guitar, basketball, building computers, making videos and my current taste in music. I listen to a lot of different music and I'm not quick to write off songs just because I don't like the genre. My music range spans from The Beatles, The Who and Queen to Drake and Post Malone. With a few random artists and bands in between such as the 70's prog-rock and my favorite band of all time, Rush, a band with Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee and the late Neil Peart. I also listen like listening to Aretha Franklin, Sam Cooke, Martha Reeves and Marvin Gaye. That type of uplifting funk-soul music just hits different. Oh and also the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I played basketball in Secondary and got a few gold medals while playing before a growth spurt as a 5'3 PG. Basketball stuck with me even though not a lot of my friends like playing basketball as much as I did. There is something so satisfying about learning new techniques and working on them, developing a "bag" of tricks and watching the ball arch perfectly into the hoop. I still play basketball although I stand at 5'10-5'11 so I don't think I'll make any teams. My team, The Los Angeles Lakers, are currently in game 2 of the NBA Playoff Finals against The Miami Heat. They had a few injuries in Game 1 but I hope they can still perform and be a challenge because Laker Nation doesn't want a handout Championship Ring.

-Spalding Official Basketball

Currently some of my favourite movies are the Rocky movies. I made a deal with myself that although I already seen most of the classic movies like Star Wars, Back to the Future and Indiana Jones as a kid. I should really go back and watch them with a better understanding of what's going on so I started with Indiana Jones and Back to the Future but once I finished those I needed to get into the more critically acclaimed movies, the Scorceses', the Francis Ford Coppola and stuff. So I started with 'Mean Streets' and made my way down the list. Same with Francis Ford Coppola, I watched the Godfathers and Apocalypse now. Since the start of the NBA Restart and Playoffs I've set a time around 11:30pm, where I'll put on a movie I've been putting off for so long and I'll watch it before the Lakers games which usually start around 02:00am.


Comments

  1. Hi Adam, really enjoyed reading your blog. It was interesting to learn a bit about you, as we have some stuff in common. I used to play some guitar when I was younger but then for some reason just never got back into it. It is great to have a passion for music like you seem to have. Also, I used to play some basketball in secondary school like you. We as a team were never much good but it was always fun to play. Never got into watching NBA though, but might have to give it a watch sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try get back into guitar. I find it to be a good way to clear my head and sometimes play while having a break from assignments to break up the monotony.

      Delete
  2. Hi Adam. You've loads of different hobbies. I play guitar too! And I studied some of The Beatles music for my LC which totally changed my taste in music so it's a bit like yours - a little bit of everything. I played basketball for a year in secondary school because I thought all you had to be was tall but I was terrible and my dreams were shattered. I wanna say the Lakers just won but I could be wrong? Either way, hope you enjoyed the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Beatles were musical geniuses from my basic understanding of music theory. They're a great band and aren't over-rated like some people say they are. Haha yes the Lakers did win against Miami in Game 6.

      Delete
  3. Hi Adam, I really enjoyed reading your blog It is quite detailed and does a good job of explaining who you are as a person. I did not realize how much of a music fan you are and that we share a lot of similar interests when it comes to music. I am also a big movie fan as well and I would recommend you having a look at films by David Lynch as he is a brilliant director and Storyteller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adam! I really enjoyed this blog post it really gave an insight of your life! I also play the guitar but not very well, but hey I try haha! Your music taste is interesting, I love Queen and have gotten into The Beatles lately, I think they're class! I can't say I know much about basketball It wasn't big in my secondary school being a country all-girls school, but it seems fun! I actually haven't seen any of them movies you listed ops, I really only watch Marvel movies or sad ones there's no in-between haha! Anyways, hope you're keeping well and best of luck with the year :) -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adam! My music taste ranges a lot as well, I love The Who I'm currently writing some stuff on the who for group project which is exciting. My spotify playlist is a mess, it ranges from funk to old school rap to indie rock. I used to love basketball as a child, I'd always have it for my extra curricular activities as well as volleyball. - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sup Adam

    First thing first, Fantastic introduction blog entry. it was great to get to know you a bit more, you have good taste in music and i defiantly also have drake and posty on my list too, i can see you have a big interest in basketball, cant say im a bit fan in general but i do play it sometimes

    Overall great blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vision Statement

Game Design Document