Unity Tutorial 09

 Unity Tutorial 09

-Screenshot of soccer game debug

For this weeks Unity Tutorial I found I very useful because of the type of game mechanic coding that was involved. It's based solely around a ball hitting enemies so I think that it will teach me a lot that I will need to know in order to develop my game. A big part of my game is that it will be wave based so learning the basics on how to create a wave interval and add a variable to change every round was very interesting. I had trouble at one section though and I thought my Unity was crashing on me which it never does. I have a pretty beefy computer that I built myself for college and gaming obviously, so I doubted it was a hardware problem. Turned out that I wrote "gameObject" instead of "gameObjects" which was very annoying but I'm glad I copped it.

The rest of the tutorial was pretty easy to follow and I went onto debug the Soccer game. I usually find it difficult to read the code and make sense of what I have to do in order to make the code function the way I want but since I have learned a bit more and now know what I have to look for I was going back to previous tutorials to find the right way to write the code and using that. I didn't get to do the last two bonus steps however because it's getting late and I want to make sure I properly submit this on moodle. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future somebody

Vision Statement

RollaMole Prototype 1: