Review Week Comments and Feedback

 Review Week Comments and Feedback





















Feedback In:

I think the overall quality of comments I've gotten out of my blogs are very good in the aspect of grammar and word count. I find it interesting hearing peoples opinions and feedback in a comment form because it allows them to get to the point and express concerns or other things freely. Some comments I've been finding useful are ones where people say that they really understood my GDD or other blogs that detail the structure of my game. It really lets me know that I have explained things well enough that the point is getting across without being too muddled with other topics. 

However on the other hand, the comments that I find even more useful are the ones that tell me that they were having trouble with understanding certain parts of my briefs. I think this is extremely useful and interesting because they make me realize how I can, not only be a little more concise with what I'm trying to convey, but how I should write more in a way that is more accessible to people without any prior Video Game knowledge or grasp on gaming terminology.

Feedback Out:

For the comments I have been leaving on other peoples posts, I think that I tried my best to read their blog posts as carefully as I can and then write something more engaging and directed to the person so they would like to hear what I have to say. I try to hit the various topics that need to be discussed but I also just like talking to the author of the blog and saying how I share similar interests or hobbies or that I think their dog is cute just so the comment doesn't feel so manufactured and robotic.

Blog Comments:

I think the blog comments are a good way of connecting with the year considering I moved to this year and never really got the chance to go around shaking hands with everybody. Reading so many peoples Introduction blogs was interesting because I could get to see how they express themselves and their characteristics. I think for my introduction blog post I could've focused more on talking about who I am and diving more into my hobbies and interests instead of talking about what my favorite basketball team was doing at the time. It's not too bad though but I'm jealous of all the peoples blogs I've seen where they included pictures of their dogs. I really want a dog so I could add him into my blog haha.

Looking Forward:

In future I think when doing feedback assignments I can look further into what the person is working on and try to act as part of their development team and try to give tips about how they could speed up development of certain parts of their game just to help streamline their process. I could also try to find someone who is maybe struggling with some part of Unity and offer advice as to how they could get past this little hiccup and encourage them not to totally give up because of a small error in their code. Finally I think that I might try include little design opinions here and there for their project, whether its aesthetics or mechanics, I could ask if they would consider other routes to make their game look better or play differently in the sake of functioning while still maintaining the fun aspect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future somebody

Vision Statement

RollaMole Prototype 1: