Tech Task: Redesigning my Blog

 Tech Task: Redesigning my Blog


After making a handful of Blogger Posts and having initially choosing a quick template and background picture that I liked, I decided I try to make my blog look a bit more unique and make it feel like more of my own space. 

I first started off with my icon. I designed my Icon a few years ago when creating a Youtube Channel. I got a few references from the internet and used a free photo editing software called GIMP to pull it all together. After recently realizing I needed an Icon for my blog I figured why not use something that I'm used to so I chose the Black and Blue icon as my icon. The only problem was that in the years since designing this icon my favorite colour has changed from Blue to Red and I thought that maybe I should just simply bring the icon into Adobe Photoshop and change the colours. But once I did that I saw ALL the imperfections I had made when I first designed it. The edges were all misaligned, design-wise the angles were wrong and just so many small mistakes that the digitally made design seems hand drawn. 

Redesigned Icon

So I spent some time correcting everything before changing the colour around and while in the process of doing this I realised that I could make a stylized Favicon to sit in the tab bar of the window to make it look more personalised. I changed the black to white and removing the red background. The favicon can be seen in the top of the tab of the blogs window.


Next, I decided that I didn't want to have such dark background for my posts to be read off of. The whole design seemed a bit empty because of this and lacking a theme. So, to tie in with the colour scheme of my icon I chose a red colour palette with black font for all the blogs. Originally I thought of using white text to make it seem brighter but I think visually it became too much and I chose to stick with black font. The white text was nice but only in moderation, so it can still be seen as clickable links in the blogs.

This colour pallet is only temporary because I want to insert my own background image which will dictate the overall colour of the blog in the future. For now though I think this will do.

My blog as of October, 20th 2020


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future somebody

Vision Statement

RollaMole Prototype 1: