Unity Tutorial 2

Unity Tutorial 2

 I found Unity tutorial 2 very interesting and engaging. Finishing off the car game taught me a few more things that help me when I imagine making a game in the future and I'm excited for it! The plane challenge full of bugs was a good exercise in my opinion as it's easy to just follow someone elses steps and not actually learn anything. Making sense of the code and then rearranging and fixing it was tough but taught me a lot. Figuring out how to make the propeller spin for the bonus task was difficult at first but once I had my c# script set it was easy enough to get it working and tuning it to what I thought looked best visually.

-Preview of my development process in Unity

Seeing all the little things that need to be coded individually and are most times over-looked by me and other beginner game developers is very fascinating. I have a new-found respect for game developers. I like how when I was fixing up the plane game I could tune everything to how I see fit and then when I had my sister play-test it I saw how my visual preferences hindered game players ability to actually play and have fun with it. This will be something I'm sure turns out to be a big part of game design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future somebody

Vision Statement

RollaMole Prototype 1: